Sunday, June 03, 2007

catching up

I've been feverishly working on teaching myself a new language. Code actually. Top secret code. Well, it FEELS secretive and it has been crazy trying to crack it, but I'm almost in! I'm building a website for Kimberly's newest exciting endeavor. I guess the thrill of selling baby paintings has worn off when almost every one of them sells within minutes of posting them, so we're expanding Joie de Vivre. Can't wait to show you all the new "line." This extra work had just about stolen my after-vacation glow until I just pulled my pictures back up. Ahh, yes. DC. I really, REALLY love DC. Here are a few more pictures.


National Archives and the Declaration of Independence.

National Air and Space Museum and Ford's Theatre and box where Abraham Lincoln was assassinated .


Washington Monument and Sophia crashing on the Mall in front of the Capitol after a long day's walk.


The Capitol and Statutory room. (each state has 2 statues of political figures from that state)
We were able to go into the galley and watch the action on the House Floor (where the president gives the State of the Union every year). They were voting on some bills, one of which was about Mexican trucks (it passed).


The Capitol Rotunda where dead former presidents lie in state. The Rotunda is 30 feet taller than the Statue of Liberty.

1 comment:

Southern Latitudes said...

Sharie,
I love your blog pictures of DC. Thanks for sharing with us. Look at my blog and you can see our new view of Shuttle Atlantis taking off the other night. I thought of you and Isaac.

Can't wait to see the new line of artwork you and your sister have created.