Sunday, October 26, 2008

tasting life twice

I've heard it said on some important occasions, "Oh, we didn't take pictures. We were enjoying the moment." I have a different take on that, and I read something recently that summed it up nicely.

"We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection."

Well, I'm a lousy writer, but this quote is why I take pictures. Not to be a famous photographer or have someone admire my photos, but I get to taste life twice. Once in the moment, and (over and over) again in retrospection.

tasting life twice

I'll remember this hug from Sophia (and her doll Emma) for all times.

Did I enjoy the moment when she bolted in the door from their trip to give me a hug?

You betcha.

Did I get teased for taking a picture of it?

You betcha.

Will I always see this smile and the enjoy the memories this picture brings?

Always.

No comments: