Saturday, September 05, 2009

on clouds and gates and being tired

I'm so tired and I have so much to do over the next week but I'm so tired. Tired. I want to get some pictures of Chicago up before they... before they what? See, I'm so tired I can't even think. I want to get pictures of Chicago up before they "expire" and I'm on to pictures of the next big adventure (woo-hoo!!! under the one week mark!) Did I mention I'm tired? Yeah, even those extra exclamation marks with the woo-hoo didn't help. Almost though.

I guess I should mention what this thing is. It's nicknamed "The Bean" for its... for well, its shape, but the real name is The Cloudgate. I think. I'm too tired to look it up to see if it's Cloud Gate or Cloudgate. Let me know, will ya?

Anyway, it was cool, but what I didn't expect was how hard it was to photograph. I was really like three feet from it but I looked like I was thirty feet back.

Not in this picture though. I really was far back. Obviously, right?
Photobucket

But don't I look ridiculous here? I look like I have this HUGE area, so why in the world am I bending over to get a lower perspective? Because I really was right in front of Sophia and her Daddy and had to bend over to get it all in!
Photobucket

Daddy looks a little funny too. Holding up the bean with his rear and holding a doll in his hand.
But that's okay. I love him in that shirt.

I'm so tired. That's all I've got to say about this one.
Photobucket

Goodnight.

1 comment:

Craig said...

My love, in 5 days you will have a week to relax and enjoy the sights and smells of the great Pacific!!! And, guess what? You will be stuck with me!!! I can't wait!! I love you, C