Sunday, October 11, 2009

Godbeams

17 mile drive sunbeams through fog

A costly estate sat perched on the edge of the cliff, hanging over the ocean. Except you couldn't see the ocean. At least not as we drove by.

Fog had slipped in the back door an hour earlier.

And my glass-is-half-full husband made some snide sweet comment that if it weren't for the fog, we wouldn't have seen this. And this was indeed lovely.

And then he gave me a kiss and squeezed my hand.

I marvel at God's wisdom. I'm a glass-is-half-empty kind of girl, and God brought Honey and me together to make one delicious duo.

3 comments:

ox, nana said...

I love how you captured this sunbeam and fog with the lovely silhouetted trees!
Don't tell me Craig was also singing MISTY to you.
he he

I want a print of this one!

Sharie said...

HaHa! I had to google "misty." I think he needs to learn this song so he can sing it to me!

Look at me, I'm as helpless as a kitten up a tree;
And I feel like Im clingin' to a cloud,
I can't understand
I get misty, just holding your hand.
Walk my way,
And a thousand violins begin to play,
Or it might be the sound of your hello,
That music I hear,
I get misty, the moment you're near.
Cant you see that you're leading me on?
And it's just what I want you to do,
Don't you notice how hopelessly I'm lost
That's why I'm following you.
On my own,
When I wander through this wonderland alone,
Never knowing my right foot from my left
My hat from my glove
I'm too misty, and too much in love.
Too misty,
And too much
In love.....

craig said...

I'm too misty and too much in love.......Of all the beautiful things I have seen in this world, nothing compares to the love of my life.....I'm too misty and too much in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!